10 things to do if you’re single this Valentines:
Single this Valentine’s day? Don’t worry, with 10 alternative options, we’ve got you covered…
- GALENTINE’S DAY – Channel your inner Leslie Knope and get on board with Galentine’s day, “it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies.” Get your gal pals together and embrace your girl squad!
- START A NEW TRADITION – Is food your one true love? Celebrate that with a new tradition and why not make and eat heart shaped food all day! Make anything from heart shaped pizza to heart shaped cake, or if you’re feeling lazy, just buy all of that heart shaped chocolate for yourself. Wait till the 15th and it’ll all be half price!
- POST A SELFIE – Show everyone that you love you and post that bomb selfie you’ve been saving in your camera roll! You don’t need anyone else when you’re this good, right?
- CELEBRATE YOUR PETS – Spend the day with you cats and dogs. Dress them in pink and red and parade them around because no one loves you as much as they do! Maybe they’ll even send you a card and a box of chocolates?
- SPEND IT WITH YOUR SIBLING – Grab your brothers and sisters and have a sibling appreciation day! Sisters, get the chocolate in, the rom-com on and chick flick it out! Brothers get the beers in and paint the town red!
- MAKE PERSONALISED CARDS FOR YOUR FRIENDS – Tell your friends how great they are and make them their own Valentine’s day cards so they know you love them!
- GO TO THE GYM – Because really, it’s just another day, and if you’re going to hit the half price chocolate hard on the 15th then you need to make sure that your summer body is still on track!
- SEND ANONYMOUS GIFTS TO YOUR FRIENDS – Bit of a joker? Why not send anonymous gifts to your mates and watch them wonder who it’s from! It could also be a nice token idea to let them know someone loves them, nothing like making someone else happy to brighten up your day!
- THROW A DINNER PARTY – Get your fellow singles round and throw a dinner party! We’re thinking three courses and a lot of wine. Maybe head out after food and meet more singles so that next year you’ll coupled up!
- WATCH A FILM – Embrace the lovers and watch a romantic film! Get the popcorn out and stick on The Notebook. Or if you’re not into that, throw a horror on and ignore it all, how about My Bloody Valentine?