With Easter fast approaching, we thought we’d find some Easter recipes perfect for dinner time! Here are 5 delicious dishes to cook up this April, let us know if you try any!
Ham with Apple Raisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (about 6 pounds)
- Shake flour in the oven roasting bag. Place in an ungreased baking pan approx 13×9 inches. Place the apples, apple juice, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in the bag; mix well. Place ham in bag. Close bag. Cut six half inch slits in the top of bag.
- Bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/4 hours. Serve with sauce.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually add muffin mix alternately with milk. Fold in corn.
- Pour into a greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Casserole
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cooking pot over medium heat, saute broccoli and onion in butter until crisp-tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and 1-3/4 cups of the cheese. Stir in the broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased baking dish; set in a large pan filled with 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Tuscan-Style Roasted Asparagus
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil-lined baking pan. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to asparagus and toss to coat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice; sprinkle with cheese and lemon peel. Toss to combine.
Scalloped Potato Dish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small nonstick cooking pot, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended.
- Place half of the potatoes in a baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with half of the onion and cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are tender.